Personal Training and Instruction Level 3 Certificate
The aim of this qualification is to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required for an individual to work unsupervised as a personal trainer.
This includes being able to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice and progressive programming which is specific to the individual needs of a client.
Scroll down for details on the entry requirements and how you’ll learn.
You will learn aboout anatomy and physiology including:
- the heart and circulatory system
- the musculoskeletal system
- postural and core stability
- the nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health
You will also learn how to:
- maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
- design, manage, and adapt a personal training programme with apparently healthy adults of all ages
- deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a programme for apparently healthy adults of all ages
Teaching methods include:
- Formal instruction
- Individual tuition
- Practical demonstration
- Practical experience
Furthermore, you will get the opportunity to develop your skills according to your own specific needs.
Assessment is completed through the development of a portfolio of evidence, worksheets, multiple choice exams, continuous assessments and practical assessment.
Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing – Gym-Based Exercise (or equivalent)