Beginners Photography: Basic Camera Controls & Pleasing Images
Join us for a ten-week course that will provide you with a solid foundation in basic camera controls.
Each two-hour session will offer hands-on practice and relevant theory, along with helpful handouts and practical advice for independent practice.
By the end of the course, you’ll have a firm understanding of exposure and metering modes and be able to apply basic composition rules to take better-informed photographs of various subjects.
Whether you’re a beginner or looking to refine your skills, this course is perfect for anyone looking to improve their photography.
During this course you will learn:
- how to select and change aperture, shutter and ISO?settings
- using manual mode
- what exposure means and how to assess it
- how to use camera settings to create different effects
- which metering modes are useful and when
- what white balance is and what settings to use
- how basic compositional “rules” can be applied to a range of different photographs
- wow to use techniques to photograph “things”, people and places
You will learn through tutor talks, practical activities and group discussion to enhance your digital photography skills.
A digital camera is essential for this course, preferably SLR or Mirrorless.
You can progress to our intermediate digital photography course.
Alternatively enrol by phone quoting PH/M/PX068 or ask a question
Meet the tutors
We want our learners to feel welcome, safe and at ease when attending our classes, especially if this is your first time attending an adult education class or if you're coming back to education after a break.
If you're interested in one of courses, meet our tutors first! You'll see they have similar passions and interests and, most importantly, the right qualifications to help you make the most of your time and money.