AWD Domestic, Commercial, and Ind. Electric Vehicle Charging Equip. Installation Level 3
This qualification covers the installation of dedicated, conductive charging equipment for the charging of pure electric and plug-in hybrid electric road vehicles (PHEV) and includes the extended range of electric vehicles (E-REV).
This course covers the installation of both AC and DC charging equipment intended for plug-in electric vehicles (PEV) complying with BS EN 61851 and “The Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installations”.
When you successfully graduate from this course, you will gain a City and Guilds Level 3 Award in Domestic, Commercial and Industrial Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation.
You will learn:
- the key requirements for electric vehicle charging equipment (EVCE) installations
- how to identify the equipment for, and understand the differences between, the four charging modes and Wireless Power Transfer types (WPT)
- preparation for design and installation of EVCE
- to be able to prepare to design and install EVCE
- to be able to install EVCE in dwellings, commercial, and industrial locations
- to understand requirements for initial verification and handover of an EVCE installation
- to conduct inspection and testing, and complete handover to client
This qualification is aimed at practicing electricians, electrical technicians and engineers with experience of electrical installations, and associated inspection and testing.
When you graduate from this course, you can become a qualified technician for the installation of domestic, commercial and industrial electric vehicle charging equipment installation.