Advanced Photography: Commercial Photography In Studio & On Location
This 10-week course will cover a combination of location and studio techniques. Each two-hour session will feature hands-on practise and related theory. You will receive relevant hand-outs and advice for portfolio building.
By the end of the course you will:
- have experimented with a variety of location and studio techniques including studio flash lighting.
- take corporate style headshots and work to other given client briefs
- use industry software to work towards a professional portfolio
This course will cover:
- how to use different studio lighting styles and settings
- how to interpret and analyse a client brief
- how to plan develop and test ideas
- post-production using Lightroom and Photoshop
- how to produce assets for print and online/screen use
- the criteria for a professional looking portfolio
You will develop your skills though:
- tutor talk
- practical activities
- group discussion
A digital camera is essential for this course, either SLR or Mirrorless, along with access to a variety of lenses, tripods etc.
By the end of this course you will have developed the knowledge to enhance your photography skills to an advanced level. You can progress to further photography courses or try out your techniques for yourself!
Alternatively enrol by phone quoting PH/M/PX069 or ask a question
Meet the tutors
We want our learners to feel welcome, safe and at ease when attending our classes, especially if this is your first time attending an adult education class or if you're coming back to education after a break.
If you're interested in one of courses, meet our tutors first! You'll see they have similar passions and interests and, most importantly, the right qualifications to help you make the most of your time and money.