Access to HE: Equine Management Level 3 Diploma
If you live in England, you might be able to do this course for FREE, see ‘Additional Information’ tab for more details.
Apply today and our team will confirm if you could qualify for free place, with no obligation.
This courses is for mature students (19+) who have been out of full-time education for one or more years and wish to gain the necessary qualifications needed to progress on to higher education and study a degree level programme.
The course will help to develop a range of academic and study skills as well as practical skills working with horses.
- Taught by industry expert staff with extensive knowledge of the equine industry and related experience
- One of the largest indoor arenas of any college in the country at 90 x 36m, with a gel track cushioned surface
- Fully floodlit warm up arena at 30 x 60m, with a rubber surface
- Stabling for over 40 horses
- All-weather outdoor school
- Cross country schooling course
- The centre is British Horse Society approved and hosts regular competitions, events and exams
Benefits of studying with Activate Learning:
- Designed exclusively for adults (19+)
- Supportive environment provided through tutors with subject expertise and includes guidance webinars for every module.
- One year programme equivalent to three A Levels, allowing you to achieve the qualification you need to progress to university.
- Widely recognised and accepted qualification by UK universities. This is validated and moderated by Ascentis under licence from the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education
- Help and guidance on writing your personal statement and completing your UCAS application
- Flexible learning enabling you to study whilst working and around personal commitments
- Funding with the Advanced Learner Loan available.
Course Fees £5197
Remember:if you go to university and complete a degree, the loan for your Access course is written off by the Government.
A variety of teaching and learning strategies will be employed including: lectures, group work, discussions and practicals.
This qualification is awarded by LASER.
To be eligible for a place on this programme, you do not need any formal qualifications.
For university however, you will need to have a GCSE at grade 4 (C) or above in both English and maths, or a Functional Skills Level 2 qualification. It is advisable that you have these qualifications prior to starting your Access level 3 course as the skills you will have gained from studying these qualifications will really help you on this programme.
Please note: If you wish to go on to study a medicine degree, most universities require five GCSEs, including English, maths, and science at grades 7–9 (A–A* equivalent).
- Applicants are advised to contact their university of choice to confirm the criteria.
- Some degrees require that you have some relevant paid or voluntary work experience, and this will also be checked at interview.
- Applicants must be aged over 19 and have been out of full-time education for a year.
- You will have a numeracy and literacy assessment to check your suitability to study at Level 3 and may have the opportunity to re-take either a maths or English GCSE alongside this course.
If you don’t meet the entry criteria, don’t worry! We have a range of one-year, Pre-Access courses available to help you get started.
There is also a wide range of support available at the college for students, including financial support.
If you pass the Access course you can progress onto the Equine Management Foundation Degree at Merrist Wood College, or to university to study an equine related degree. Please note that successful completion of an Access to Higher Education qualification does not automatically guarantee a place at university however the vast majority of Access students’ progress to their chosen university courses each year.
To be eligible for funding, you will need to live in England. Anyone in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland will need to self-fund the course.
Level 3 Entitlement fee remission: If you are aged 19-23 and do not hold a prior full Level 3 qualification, you may be eligible to study the course for free. This would also depend on your location within the UK, but we would check this for you during your application process.
19+ Advanced Learner Loan:If you are aged over 23, or you are 19-23 with a full Level 3 qualification, you can fund the course with the Advanced Learner Loan supplied by Student Finance England. This loan will be wiped from your records if you progress to university and complete your studies! If you do not progress to university or a higher education course, you will not need to start paying back the loan until you earn over £25,725.00.
Remember: If you go on to study at university and complete a degree, the loan for your Access course is written off by the government.
Alternatively enrol by phone quoting AC02LF1A006P or ask a question